How we prepare to paint your home
As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. When you’re having the exterior of your home painted, you don’t want paint getting everywhere, all over your light fixtures, grass, and windows. But, it’s much more than that: failure on the part of the painters to adequately prepare for the paint work can actually result in a worse overall painting job that doesn’t hold up to the elements.
At Crash of Rhinos, we believe that preparation is the most important part of the process, and we never overlook it. When you hire us to paint the exterior of your home, you can expect us to take multiple steps to not only protect your property, but also to ensure that you receive a painting that lasts. We’re so confident in our approach that we offer a 7-year warranty—nearly twice as long as most companies do.
Protecting your property
- Protecting rocks and landscaping: We’ll start by pulling away rocks from your home and covering any landscaping that might be in the way. If this doesn’t happen, paint could get on your rocks and plants. That’s less than ideal, and it’s not the way that Crash of Rhinos does things.
- Removing all fixtures: Some exterior painting companies will just cover these and paint around them. But, what happens if you want to change out a light fixture near the front of your home and you realize the wall behind it isn’t painted? We’ll carefully remove these and paint everything, giving you greater flexibility in the future.
- Masking: We’ll cover not only the obvious things such as windows and doors, but we’ll also make sure other items around your walls are protected, such as pool decks and barbeques.
Better painting preparation
- Pressure washing: Over time, grime and dirt stick to the stucco on your home. A good, thorough power wash removes these elements from the equations, giving our painters a clean surface to paint on. Overall, this ensures a longer-lasting and more consistent painting job.
- Stucco and drywall repair: After the washing, we’ll inspect the exterior of the home and ensure that there aren’t any cracks or other problems with the stucco. If there are, we’ll go out of our way to fix them so that they don’t keep the painting work from looking anything but perfect.
- Scraping and adding DRYLOK: Moisture is the enemy of an otherwise quality paint job. That’s why Crash of Rhinos adds DRYLOK along the stem walls, to prevent water from getting on the wall.
- Adding primer: This is a step that can’t be skipped. A good primer layer will help the paint adhere better to the walls, ensuring that it lasts longer and looks better than just paint alone. It’s a tandem that can’t be beat.
Choose Arizona’s highest-rated painting company
Good preparation and excellent service has made Crash of Rhinos the highest-rated exterior painting company in Arizona. If you’re ready to work with a company that takes pride in its work and goes the extra mile to make sure you have a paint job that lasts, give Crash of Rhinos a call to schedule your free home inspection.